Chromebook App Hub
- Looking for great apps and ideas on how to use them this school year? Check out the Chromebook App Hub and submit ideas on how you use apps in the classroom.
- Search through coloring pages, dot to dots, tutorials, and silhouettes
discipline and grade levels. Only those items with the described icon are free, but there are many excellent programs
from which to choose.
- Discovery Education
This takes you to the page for grades 9-12
Images Free and Fair Use Images for Education
These are a great start when looking for Creative Commons images.
- Pics4Learning. This site offers a safe, free image library for education. Teachers and students can use the copyright-friendly photos and images for classrooms, multimedia projects, websites, videos, portfolios or any other project in an educational setting. It’s easy to use, and all of the copyright information is available in a simplistic bibliography underneath any chosen photo.
- Photos for Class. This is similar to Pics4Learning. You simply run a search, click on a thumbnail and the photo downloads with the copyright information as a caption on the photo.
Lesson Plans -All Subjects
Find a broad range of subjects and websites
- PBS Teachers
Go to your grade level category on the top bar, then move the cursor to your curricular area. Lots here, but might take some digging!
Look here for literature and language arts, art and culture, foreign language, and history and social studies.
- Hot Chalk Lesson Plans
Developed at the University of Missouri, this site has over 4,000 lesson plans and continues to grow.
- Destiny Collections K-12 Lesson Plans and Teacher Toolbox (If you have trouble accessing this page, see Mrs. Graham)
Checked out and updated by teaching professionals, this is an excellent portal to sites that contain lesson plans and teacher resources.
- Teacher's Network
Search for lesson plans in the "TeachNet" search box.
- Utah Curriculum Resources
A selection of lesson plans in various areas.
Sign up for this free, educator-driven resource, sponsored by the Clark County School District in Nevada. It takes a bit of digging, and it's not easy to find a specific topic (better to leave the topic space blank!), but the lesson plans by content area are detailed and worth reviewing. The demonstration videos show teachers' favorite instructional, management, and organizational techniques..
- Agriculture Lesson Plans - Glen Rose FFA Site
Scroll down to find high school lesson plans for a broad range of agriculture topics.
- National Association of Agricultural Educators
Click on the "Communities of Practice Help and FAQs" link in the top left corner and look at the video on "Discovering Content - aka Finding and Organizing Stuff" to learn how to access lesson plans on this site. Free to join.
- Incredible Art Department
Chock-full of lesson plans by grade level and medium.
- FACS Exploration - Utah Curriculum Resources
A selection of lesson plans in various FACS areas.
- Family Consumer Sciences
Great resource for lesson plans! Run by a "second generation Family Consumer Science teacher who taught both inner city and suburban kids in Virginia and Connecticut."
- Reading List for the FACS Classroom
- Best of History Website
K-12 history lesson plans, teacher guides, activities, games, quizzes, and more.Over 1200 history-related web sites that have been reviewed for quality, accuracy, and usefulness.
- Library of Congress Teachers' Site
Click on 'Classroom Materials' to find lesson plans, themed resources, primary source sets, presentations and activities, and collection connections that give ideas for using Library of Congress resources.
- Stanford History Education Group
materials for teachers and students. SHEG’s Reading Like a Historian curriculum and Beyond the Bubble assessments have been
downloaded more than 5 million times. SHEG 's current work focuses on how young people evaluate online content.
- National Women's History Museum
Click on "Education & Resources" for lesson plans. Be sure to browse through the "Online Exhibits" tab, as well! The NWHM Facebook page posts short, intriguing biographies of American women.
- Smithsonian History Explorer
Lesson plans, themes, standards for grades K-12. Cross-curricular - check this one out!
- Teaching History
Packed with lesson plans, resources, and links, this is a must for K-12 teachers.
The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics provides excellent lesson plans and inter-actives for grades K-12.
and their students explore a wide range of social studies topics. Some portals lead to lesson plans in other curricular
areas, as well. Worth the time!
K-12 lesson plans from the American Association for the Advancement of Science. All science teachers should check this out!
- Science Snacks
Contains a wealth of science investigations to help explain specific concepts and processes. Includes excellent videos for classroom use.
- Serendip Studio - Brynmawr
Hands on activities for teaching High School and Middle School biology.
Borrow High School Technology & Equipment